IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

miércoles, enero 02, 2008

passion pit: better things.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not going to lie. I've spent most of the remaining days of 2007 listening to nothing but Mary J. Blige. I mean, let's be real...2007 totally sucked. So I needed a strong black woman to bring me into the new year, eh?

When I was able to pull myself away from MJB, I was bumping the crap out of "Better Days". My friend Xue sent it my way for Christmas, and it may be my theme for 2008. My New Year's resolutions haven't collapsed entirely (yet), so such optimistic lyrics as "Baby don't be unhappy, Baby don't be sad. Better things are coming, I swear there's truth in that" really resonate with me in a total 9th grade gospel choir kind of way. Plus this is a totally hot dance-party jam. Kudos to Michael Angelakos.

I also can't get over how awesome this bio is:
"So like, get it out of your mind that this is yet another avant-retro scumbag project, some kind of 21st-century revival of that 80's electropop revival from the late 90's.

No, no, that's not it at all.

It's more like...well, remember when Peter Gabriel and Scritti Politti crashed your Christmas party sophomore year and did a set of Prince covers on your little cousin's toy piano? Do you remember how pure, how beautiful everything looked outside that night, the snowflakes caught in floodlight against the black of the sky? And that girl--what was her name--how gorgeous she looked in that weird white sweatshirt with all that fake sparkly stuff in her hair? It was NOW, right now, and there wasn't anything else but now.

Yeah, that's it. But that's not all of it."
New Year's resolutions for blogging: Stop using the word "awesome" to describe things. Stop copying and pasting, pretending it is content. Stop trying to pretend that a doodle of Mark Ruffalo with an eyepatch + a kitten with sunglasses has anything to do with this song. Stop forgetting to remind listeners that there are two other songs available for download on the space.
---------------------------------------------------------------
bonus track: PASSION PIT - Sleepy Head (YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------
- buy it - space it -

Etiquetas: , , , , , , , , , , ,