IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

miércoles, agosto 29, 2007

thunderheist: suenos dulces.

THUNDERHEIST just entered my life, and that makes me sad.

This seems to be a week of artists I've overlooked or had to give a second chance, and I'm pretty sure that I didn't listen to Thunderheist because I got them confused with another group with "Thunder" in their name that sucks. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Thunderheist is composed of Isis and Grahm. Isis raps, Grahm DJs...and as a result, awesome things happen. "Sueños Dulces", which samples The Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams", is the first song I heard by them. Having done my research, it's a possibility that it's one of the first songs most of the internet heard by them. Admittedly, I was a bit surprised that I liked this song. I don't even like "Sweet Dreams" or any other song by The Eurythmics. Beyond that, I absolutely hate when '80s songs are mutilated when sampled (see Smitty's "Died in Your Arms, exemption to Rihanna's "S.O.S."). Given these handicaps working against Thunderheist, it's safe to say that Isis is an incredibly awesome MC for selling me on this shit.

dl: THUNDERHEIST - Sueños Dulces (YSI)
dl: THUNDERHEIST - Bubblegum (Hatchmatik Birdflu in June remix) (YSI)

(Canadian hip-hop)
- site it - space it - hype it -

Etiquetas: , , , , ,