IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

domingo, agosto 13, 2006

roads till redemption: ripping off the best.

ROADS TILL REDEMPTION kind of just seems like just a guy from Georgia who recorded some tunes in his bedroom. Because he is.

In his case, however, it's awfully charming. His music is quite good, but if he had been the product of a large music studio...I'd probably be bored. This isn't to say that I love him because he's so "exclusive and indie!" No. He's just one humble ass motherfucker. He downright admits that his sound isn't completely original, heavily influenced by artists such as Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, The Postal Service, Bright Eyes, and The Doors. Together, influences like this form one of my favorite emerging sub-genres...electro-folk. Maybe even electro-alternative country, but who can keep track with all these genres these days? Not I.

But maybe Jeremy McCann-Deas could, because he is one multi-talented fellow. He plays guitar, bass, and harmonica. He programs! He produces! He edits! He sings! He dances...!? Okay, well I've yet to see him dance, but when would he even have time to dance with all that music on his brain?

Long story short, "93 Million Part One" is the laid-back jam of the summer. It makes me want to retreat to my porch, to rock alone and drink from a handle of Jack Daniels with my golden retriever at my feet. And I don't even have a porch! Or a dog. Or a rocking chair.

DOWNLOAD: ROADS TILL REDEMPTION- 93 Million Part One
DOWNLOAD: ROADS TILL REDEMPTION- Killing The Urge

FRIEND Roads Till Redemption


BLOGWATCH (french edition): Can you see the sunset from the southside? has a great song for those who enjoy modern new-wave, as well as a remix by Alan Braxe & Fred Falke. CallmeMICKEY has one of my fave French dance jams, "I Am Somebody" by DJ Mehdi f/ Chromeo, as well as an additional track from Mehdi's upcoming album Lucky Boy.

Etiquetas: , , , , ,