IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

jueves, julio 27, 2006

bedtime for toys: it's a motherfuckin' dance riot.

BEDTIME FOR TOYS combine a mix of electro, hip-hop, fun, pop, and R&B to trot on a futuristic rock n roll wonderland that hasn't been stepped on since the glory days of Prince and the Revolution.

Clearly, I stole this description from their website? Yup.

I suppose what is really important about Bedtime for Toys is their visual aspect. No, I'm not talking about the fact that lead-singer Marchelle Bradanini is totes adorbs. The 'Toys actually project video footage behind them at every show. In fact, they will not perform without it, stating that it's like any other instrument in the band. With that said, you'd think a lot would be lost by just listening to them. Incorrect. While I have not had the opportunity to see the 'Toys live, I'm almost afraid to do so. If they're this good missing one of their important elements, I don't even think I could handle the full picture. Plus, Los Angeles is far!

CRED RESUME: remixed by Le Tigre, Spank Rock, and moneyshot fave Leif, collaborated with Har Mar Superstar, performed with Lady Sovereign and Princess Superstar

WATCH: Bedtime For Toys mini-documentary

DOWNLOAD: BEDTIME FOR TOYS- White Fur Coat
DOWNLOAD: BEDTIME FOR TOYS- Black Ties, White Lies

Keep posted for album details!

BLOGWATCH: i rock i roll brings us the cutest summer song that you might be missing out on, the Teddybears' "Yours to Keep". Block Party has a new song by Monica, "Sideline Ho", that has so much sass that your mind will be blown. Honorable Media streams a hilarious video mash-up of DMX and Elmo.

Etiquetas: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

have you heard V.I.P. yet?? you might like 'em!

7/27/2006 11:01 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Errr. Totally disagree with your review of Bedtime for Toys. I wish I could say they're something innovative and new, but alas, I cannot. They're just a ripoff of bands of yore. And it's painful to watch.

10/09/2006 3:25 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home