IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

viernes, julio 07, 2006

lady sov's invaderation of the usa.

LADY SOVEREIGN is a female rapper from the UK with a hint of grime. Hardcore blog-readers are probs familiar with her, so that last statement is probably unnecessary. For those who don't know, this is one white chick with a sicker mic flow than any other. Try to name someone else. Just try. And I don't wanna hear shit about Princess Supastar. Lady Sov eats her for breakfast. She's even better than Avril Lavigne when she tried to rap on "Nobody's Fool". I know, right? It seems impossible!

In any case, Def Jam just picked her up. She will be the first non-American female on the label. Later this year, she will be touring with The Streets. In laymen's terms, she's kind of a big deal. Stereogum leaked a song called "Gatheration" a moment ago, but for once I'm one step ahead of them. Below you will find a link to download what I believe to be her new single..."Love Me or Hate Me". I'm feeling it a bit more than the first song, so I'm getting really souped for the new album. It's a bit more playful, and I think it has potential to gain a good following with the right promotion behind it.

DOWNLOAD: LADY SOVEREIGN- Love Me or Hate Me

BONUS TRACK: LADY SOVEREIGN f/ ADROCK- A Little Bit of Shh (Smallstars Remix)

BUY Vertically Challenged, HEAR her on the free Adult Swim Mix

BLOGWATCH: Stereogum has a track by Rhymefest which samples The Strokes' "Someday". The Rich Girls are Weeping brings us a mash-up of Mylo with Kim Carnes' "Bette Davis Eyes".

Etiquetas: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Hot Sauce said...

For the record, it was Fader.com that initially posted "Gatheration," not Stereogum.

7/12/2006 10:19 a. m.  
Blogger JJS III said...

For the record, I hate comments like this. I'm not trying to start blog drama...but what I said wasn't factually inaccurate. Stereogum posted "Gatheration" and therefore leaked it before it was officially released. For example, I didn't access Mya's new material myself...I googled it, found an MP3, and regardless of whether I discovered it...I still leaked the track from my blog.

If I knew that Fader posted it first, sure...I would have given them props. But I didn't. I don't have time to go scrounging around the internet finding the original leaking point of every single MP3. It's essentially pointless because everyone is biting off of one another constantly. Props are due to where you bite off of, and I got that song from a post on stereogum.

That's all,
JJ

7/12/2006 10:25 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home