IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

miércoles, julio 19, 2006

wizard rock: don't take fame, take love

HARRY AND THE POTTERS have been featured on mtv.com and probably even more legitimate sites. They're celebrities just as much as Jeffree Star or Tila Tequila, both primarily known through myspace. While the latter two are mostly known by only internet users, HatP gain a different audience...book readers. I once interviewed Paul for my old blog and tried to post it in a popular pop culture forum that will remain nameless. My post was rejected because they said they weren't famous enough! I was furious because, well, they are! They just are! But I suppose any fan would say that.

I am awfully late in making this post. I failed as a fan to realize that their new album was made available for purchase on good ol' Independence Day...15 days ago! I have no other option than to blame Voldemort for this. Obviously I read about the new album Harry and the Potters and the Power of Love back then, but He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named put me under a vicious memory charm which only allowed me to remember about it today!

Now that I've been released from this curse, I would like to point you all in the direction of three new songs. Two are from the new album, and one is off of the Scarred For Life 7". These songs are a good indication of the maturing sound of the band. Years ago, HatP made up for what they lacked musically with hilarious lyrics such as "Cause I'd rather not talk about your dead ex-boyfriend over coffee" that gained them a solid, dedicated fan-base. Now, just as Rowlings books have evolved from childish fluff to dark adolescent drama, so has the sound of Harry and the Potters.
"The Blood of a Prince" has incredibly dark lyrics. It's also much more complex than anything HatP had ever done up to this point. One could make claims that it's a legitimate rock song...because, well, it is. Even while maintaining their playful nature on "Song for the Death Eaters", they still bring in a new level of instrumentation and harmony that was never before heard on earlier tracks. Now, the boys are no longer just two brothers with guitars, a drum machine, and clever puns within their lyrics. They rock...literally.

DOWNLOAD: HARRY AND THE POTTERS- Song for the Death Eaters
DOWNLOAD: HARRY AND THE POTTERS- This Book is So Awesome
DOWNLOAD: HARRY AND THE POTTERS- The Blood of a Prince

BUY
Harry and the Potters and the Power of Love

BLOGWATCH: The Rich Girls are Weeping has some new remixes of Christina Aguilera's "Ain't No Other Man". Dreams of Horses honors my favorite Prince song ever by featuring covers by both Tegan & Sara and Casiotone for the Painfully Alone.

Etiquetas: , , , , , , , ,