IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

viernes, agosto 11, 2006

the black peter group: having their cake and eating it

THE BLACK PETER GROUP may have a somewhat offensive name and myspace link, but I'd be more offended if you told me they didn't make you want to shake it.

First and foremost, I must thank my good e-friend Leif for sending me their link. If you haven't checked out his tunage yet, you're missing out. His M.I.A. remixes will help you find yourself, or lose yourself. Whichever one you're looking for.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program..."Cake" by The Black Peter Group is now the official jam of my upcoming birthday party. I plan to blast this song, dance around, and stuff cake in my mouth. Perhaps, they can come perform it in my dorm room. Perhaps, I will just settle with a little solitary "krump and munch"...which would be like crying while eating with less tears and more shaking. My favorite line of the song has to be, "Summer comes but once a year, that's when my white friends disappear"...however, the line about the Pope is a close second.

If the pics on the space are any indication, it looks like The Black Peter Group puts on quite a live performance. If you're in the NYC area, you should totally make an appearance at their September 6th or 14th show.

DOWNLOAD: THE BLACK PETER GROUP- Cake
DOWNLOAD: THE BLACK PETER GROUP- Peter vs. Robot

BLOGGER NOTE: I was totally on cryingwhileeating once. Look for Joe/Chris. With that said, Maria and her Zucaritas is my favorite video ever.

BLOGWATCH: Analog Giant brings us a mash-up of Nelly Furtado with The Raconteurs. Beauty n the Beat has got a high quality leak of Beyonce's new song "Ring the Alarm", which is making waves on the radio but apparently may not be the second single off her upcoming album B'Day. I hated it at first, but the repetitive chorus has it stuck in my head. I choose to remain ambivalent on this one. She also has the new Kelis song, "Blindfold Me", which is likely the second single off of Kelis Was Here. I was originally not into this one, but it's a grower. Arjan Writes advises fans of Imogen He
ap and Frou Frou to check out Kate Havnevik. Palms Out Sounds interviewed the one and only Lady Sovereign.

Etiquetas: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

hey!
i love BPG! they're so amazing!
i tried to download peter vs robot but it was another song instead..
could you upload the real song please?
thx

7/26/2008 10:18 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home