IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

miércoles, mayo 07, 2008

immuzikation: santogold + justice.

dl: SANTOGOLD vs. JUSTICE - L.E.S.D.A.N.C.E. (Immuzikation BlackNotBlend) (YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never remember my dreams, but this morning I had a distinct memory of one of them. I was in some unidentifiable city, though some sort of combination of New York and London. I believe I was on a tour of some beautiful church. It was boring, so I spot Rick Ross and Trina. I decide that it'd be a good idea to hang out with them, and they're totally down. We're walking through the streets of New-London-York when a former acquaintance of mine starts shouting from miles away that she wants us to come pose in a picture with her. Rick Ross and Trina aren't having it. I start a mental dialogue with myself about whether I should ask Rick Ross if I could be on his next album, but then I get worried that he saw my review of Trilla and knows that I think he's a bad rapper. Then the other part of me says to myself, "Um, if he's such a bad rapper...why don't I have a deal with Def Jam and sell hundreds of thousands of albums?" This dilemma is never solved, and the dream ends with Rick Ross wanting to go into a health-food store and Trina refusing. I'd like to think that her refusal was something along the lines of "Uh uh, you know my traffic-stopping ass can't fit through that door!", but she didn't specify. I'm also sure that Shervin was in this dream at some point, possibly trying to continually convince me that Ashlee Simpson's "Outta My Head" is actually a good song (not really, but I swear he made a cameo appearance).

Why am I telling you all this? It's quite simple. As I was recounting this dream via e-mail, I was listening to a mash-up of Santogold and Justice by Immuzikation. At approximately 2:37, vocals from Trina's "Told Yall" are introduced into the mix. This was not indicated in the e-mail that was sent out by Immuzikation. FREAKY. Not to mention that Santi White was one of the writers for "Outta My Head". Not to mention that "L.E.S. Artistes" has been stuck in my head all week. Not to mention that I was JUST thinking about how Justice is completely overrated.

Coincidence? I think not. Immuzikation iz n mi subkonschnz, fukn wit mi brn!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- SPACE IT - HYPE IT -

Etiquetas: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger bg said...

do you like this mash or what? it's hard to say it's a mashup without ACTUALLY mashing some of the songs together, while Santi is singing, what, it's like a tiny little part of DANCE? and then he just uses their main chorus (justice's) and goes back to her singing, weaaaaaaaaaaak

en mi opinión

5/07/2008 12:59 p. m.  
Blogger JJS III said...

With no disrespect to Alfredo, I will admit that this isn't the most mind-blowing mash-up experience of my life. But need we be so harsh?

I find this mix shamelessly enjoyable, so well...yes, I like this.

5/07/2008 1:09 p. m.  
Blogger bg said...

ok yes i was harsh, but i found the answer i was looking for

apologies

5/07/2008 1:35 p. m.  
Blogger JJS III said...

No need for apologies. No one ever comments on this blog, so it was nice to hear someone chip in and have an opinion.

Kudos to you!

5/07/2008 1:44 p. m.  
Blogger Immuzikation said...

i've got it! it's not a mashup, it's a BlackNotBlend.

5/07/2008 2:42 p. m.  
Blogger Brad said...

i just want to say i love you for that dream sequence.

5/07/2008 6:57 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home