IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

jueves, agosto 30, 2007

kudu: and the night i almost got hit by a truck.

KUDU reminds me of the craziest night of my summer.*

I headed to Home Sweet Home for the Hell Yup DJ set. Because I didn't really know anyone there other than the DJs themselves, I proceeded to consume way too many Blue Moons.

You can probably see where this is going. Well, actually...you probably couldn't.

So I head out the door for a minute, return to the bar, and as I'm heading out the door I run into this theater-girl from college that I knew. I sit at the bar and buy her a drink. I'm pretty sure that I say "Fergie is the voice of our generation" at some point in our conversation. However, this is one of few things I remember from our conversation.

Eventually she leaves and the Hell Yup kids are like, "Hey, want to go to this other party?" I am drunk, so I obviously say yes. I get into a cab, next thing I remember is getting out and going into a very crowded bar. I dislike crowds when I'm very drunk, but I didn't know what else to do with myself...so I kept walking. As I head to the back of the bar, my friend taps me on the shoulder and is like, "Dude, that's Yo Majesty** right there." I look. Sure enough, Yo Majesty is literally two feet away from me. They start walking and at some point two feet turns into two inches. I freeze. Holy shit.

I mean, what do you do when some of your favorite rappers are standing that close to you? Obviously, you talk to them!...But I didn't. I'd like to blame it on the alcohol and my general shyness***. In any case, we head outside for a moment. Across the street, the girls of Yo Majesty are hanging out with Naeem from Spank Rock under a streetlight. I am drunkenly standing with two friends as they talk to Sylvia, the lead singer of Kudu. She has a Darth Vader mask on, someone may have tried to grab her vagina, I decided she was totally incredible in the short time that I spent in her presence, and the next thing I remember is waking up on my friend's couch wondering whether that night actually happened. Apparently, on the way home...I almost got hit by a truck.

The worst part of this story isn't that I blacked out. Nor is it that I didn't holler at Yo Maj. Okay, I'm going to confess this...but please don't hate me-- I had never heard Kudu until the day after all this happened.

Perhaps you haven't heard Kudu either. And it's okay. You didn't drunkenly stand next to the lead-singer for a decent period of time on one random summer night. Also, if you haven't heard Kudu before...you're in luck! Because I wrote this post. Now, if you drunkenly run into Sylvia, you can be appropriately starstruck.

dl: KUDU - Playing House (YSI)
dl: KUDU - Suite Life (YSI)

(electrowonderfulsingerness)
- buy it - site it - space it - hype it -

* In fact, this was one of few crazy nights of my summer. I'm a motherfuckin' hermit.
** You may recall that I'm obsessed with Yo Majesty.
*** read: awkwardness

Etiquetas: , , ,