IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

jueves, julio 17, 2008

little pictures: owl + owl.

dl: LITTLE PICTURES - Owl + Owl (YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
It took me less than thirty seconds to realize that I was in love with Little Pictures. No joke. Shortly after opening their page on the space, I already started typing an e-mail to request to hear their album Owl + Owl. Electro bedroom pop from New Zealand with male/female vocals? "Sign me up!" I said. Though it took less than a day for me to receive the whole album, it sure felt like forever. I was craving these tunes like crackheads crave...um, crack. I was craving these tunes so much that I couldn't even come up with a proper simile to identify my cravings! Now that I have the album perhaps I can try once more, eh?

These tunes are as cute and awesome as...
  • babies falling down and laughing about it.
  • cleaning out your closet and finding a "do you like me?" note from fifth grade (on which someone circled "yes").
  • a panda sneezing.
  • baby lions.
  • children in colored bear-costumes dancing (or not dancing) on a stage.
  • an old couple holding hands.
  • a duckling, turle, and guinea pig helping a puppy open his doggy door so it can take a wee-wee. (BEST SHOW EVAH)
Phew! That's all I got right now. Perhaps you can come up with something better? I know I can't beat the quote on their space---"Little Pictures make me happier then a sweater with 50 penguins on it." Damn that's cute!

An hour or so ago, I started choreographing a dance to the "Owl + Owl" chorus. I should probably mention that I was doing this in the sixteenth floor bathroom of my office building. Someone is going to walk in one day when I do this kind of shit, but my embarrassment will be alleviated by the glory of owning a copy of Owl + Owl. You should own a copy too! You know, just in case you need to alleviate the embarrassment of someone catching you choreographing dances in a public bathroom. Ha...ha? I'm not the only person that happens to, right? Anyone? Anyone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONER TRACK: LITTLE PICTURES - Tiny Gaps (YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- BUY IT - SPACE IT - FACE IT - HYPE IT -

Etiquetas: , , , , , , , , ,