IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

jueves, junio 26, 2008

boner4mgmt: when i said it was the end, i meant it wasn't the end.

dl: GLITTER PENIS - C.R.U.M.Z. On My Lap (YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had pledged that I wouldn't do anymore MGMT-related posts for a very long time, but I couldn't resist after getting the following e-mail from a fellow alum of Wesleyan University...
"do you have a copy of "Crumz" by MGMT? Do you remember it? It was the Aaliyah song Try Again but they rapped about Ernie and Bert and eating crackers and getting crumbs in their lap? I REALLY WANT THAT SONG."
Initially, I assumed this person was punking me, as this song just sounded too good to be real. With a little research (aka googling "MGMT Crumz"), I was led to the comments section of a post on ONTD, which included several older songs I posted here as well as two others that I neglected to share with you. By reading the comments of this post, we receive insider-information that Andrew VanWyngarden's iTunes library was called "kitten hatchery". My favorite comment comes from livejournal user bunnykittycoat--"He may be a total tryhard but damn that boy is fine." Don't be surprised if I make a trend out of calling people "total tryhards".

Die-hard MGMT fans seem to have acquired this already, but you die-soft MGMT fans may want to hear this too. I imagine that it's the type of song they'd do if they made an appearance on Yo Gabba Gabba. I can't wait for the Justice remix of "C.R.U.M.Z. On My Lap".

<3<3<3XOXO<3<3<3,
your favorite total tryhard blogger

PS: For those too lazy to read the comments--"Actually, Crumz is from Andrew's high school project, Glitter Penis. He and his buddy Dan (Treharne?) did an entire CD of parody tunes. Funny shit. There are lots of GP CDs in the hands of Andrew and Dan's Memphis pals. No doubt, as MGMT gets huge, more of this will come out."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONER TRACK: MGMT - Electric Feel (Justice remix) (YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- BUY IT - SITE IT - SPACE IT - HYPE IT - WIK IT -

Etiquetas: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger SUILUJ said...

Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

6/26/2008 9:24 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Actually, Crumz is from Andrew's high school project, Glitter Penis. He and his buddy Dan (Treharne?) did an entire CD of parody tunes. Funny shit. There are lots of GP CDs in the hands of Andrew and Dan's Memphis pals. No doubt, as MGMT gets huge, more of this will come out.

6/27/2008 8:56 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

the best one is "so many days"

6/28/2008 2:40 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

this is fantastic! gracias!

any ideas on where i can download Indie Rokkers por favor? currently my second fave after <3 Just Becuz <3 which grew on me like crazy after i got it from you.

7/01/2008 3:48 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Does ANYONE have ANY of the Glitter Penis songs that they could send to me? How many are there anyways?

There are actual CDs!?

If anyone could upload the tracks if they have them or at least tell me how many there are so I can look for them myself, it would be greatly appreciated!

8/21/2008 3:07 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home