IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

viernes, junio 27, 2008

sgt. sass: somethin' to be proud of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I came across a profile on a certain social-networking site with the following quote--"I prefer to think of gay culture as EM Forster and Stonewall instead of rainbows and self-destructive female celebrities." This quote stuck with me as I walked to lunch today and noticed all the restaurants and bars that dusted off their rainbow flags. The concept of gay pride has always made me slightly uneasy in the stomach, as I indicated two years ago on this very blog. My uneasiness wasn't dissipated when I briefly attended a mixer hosted by HX magazine (much love to Matthew) and heard a bad dance remix of Lindsay Lohan's "Bossy" blaring from the speakers. Why are my people listening to bad music by maybe lesbians when there's quality music being made within our community? This isn't a rhetorical question.

Now that I got that off my chest, this would be a perfect time to tell yall that my friends and favorite Philly-fag emcees Sgt. Sass will be performing at Sugarland tomorrow night, June 28th, at 11:45PM. I imagine that this would be the perfect way to spend your Pride weekend. Just remember these wise words from a homeless lesbian I once gave $20 to--"It's gay pride every day in New York City!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Etiquetas: , , , , , , , , ,