IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

sábado, diciembre 27, 2008

general elektriks + pigeon john: crush.

dl: GENERAL ELEKTRIKS f/ PIGEON JOHN - Crush (alt)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I walked into "Crush" having no idea what to expect, and my mind was blown as I encountered a sample of "When Doves Cry". Purple Rain ranks in my unofficial top ten albums of all time, to the degree that it may even be number one. This should have been so wrong. BEYOND WRONG.

Funny thing. I wanted to believe that the first time I listened to the song--I shouldn't like this, so I won't. But the pure "WTF" factor kept drawing me back in, and by the fourth time I was pumping my fist along and all skepticism was diminished.

Pigeon John embodies a less annoying version of will.i.am. His charm rests in his self-awareness of his loser-like tendencies, while will.i.am thinks he's the shit when he's quite the opposite. Like, he's so the opposite of the shit that he's constipation.

But I digress. Pigeon John's chorus of "I got no game, no game, no game at all" seems like an anthem for scrubs and chumps, but anyone who's ever had a crush can relate. You're at a party and the cutest motherfucker walks past you. They go chill with some friends, and you're sitting there sipping your drink, peeking back over and waiting for your moment to introduce yourself. You start thinking of crazy schemes to get your future boo's attention, but by the time you've worked out your diabolical plan... they're walking away hand-in-hand with someone else! No one else at the party is really doing it for you, so you start thinking you might as well, er, do it to yourself. Masturbate, I'm talking about masturbation. But no matter how much you wank it out, you'll never be able to wank out those thoughts of your crush. Pathetic, but c'est la vie. Pigeon John knows your pain. But only Pigeon John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- BUY IT - SITE IT - SPACE IT - HYPE IT / BUY IT - SITE IT - SPACE IT - HYPE IT - WIK IT -

Etiquetas: , , , , ,