IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

lunes, diciembre 22, 2008

fol chen: believers.

dl: FOL CHEN - The Believers (Clifford Lidell remix) (alt)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the moment I first heard Fol Chen's "Cable TV", I thought I had died and gone to indie-pop heaven. So you can imagine my confusion when I received a link for the video of "The Believers". The song was much darker than what I would have expected. Especially from a band who made a song about dancing in underwear that references Janet Jackson's "When I Think Of You". The vid was extremely engaging on an aesthetic level, and the song wasn't bad... it just surprised me.

I enjoy the mystery of Fol Chen. I'm in love with a band, and I don't even know what any of them look like (I mean, if they're ugly, I totally can't like them, right?). Based on these dramatically different songs, I have no idea what their signature sound is or if they even have one. Will the album flow at all? Will I pass go and collect two-hundred dollars? I'm on the edge of my fucking seat here.

Also, why is "No Wedding Cake" so damn good even though it's so damn repetitive? I am going to lose some hairs waiting for this album to drop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONER TRACK: FOL CHEN - The Believers (alt)
BONER TRACK II: FOL CHEN - Cable TV (alt)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- SPACE IT - HYPE IT -

Etiquetas: , , , , , ,