IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

martes, diciembre 09, 2008

jill: wordy rappinghood.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the first installment of WTF, "Weird Tuesday Find". In this series of posts, I'll be exploring the stranger songs that land in my lap. I'll take the good, I'll take the bad, but either way... I'll be sharing the weird with you. Bear with me, kids.

Jill Vidal
is the twin sister of Janice Vidal, a Hong Kong pop star famous enough to be immortalized in wax at Madame Tussauds Hong Kong. Jill has found a minor amount of success on her own, but she's ultimately the "other sister" (and not in the Juliette Lewis kind of way, silly). She's like the Ashley to Janice's Mary-Kate! But I digress.

Jill's latest album Jillympics came out on August 8th of this year, the same date as the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics 2008. The majority of the songs appear on her previous releases Hit Me and Diamond Love. When I first saw that the Tom Tom Club's "Wordy Rapppinghood" was on the tracklist, I got worried. How could she not ruin this song? Especially after what she did with Harold Faltermeyer's "Axel F"!

I am eating my words right now. Well, at the very least, I am eating those thoughts. While Jill's version of "Wordy Rappinghood" can't hold a torch to the original, I'm almost positive that if I had intentionally mislabeled this track as CSS, 90% of ITMS!! readers wouldn't notice that this isn't Lovefoxx on vocals. This tramples Chicks on Speed's cover of "Wordy Rappinghood" on so many levels. Surprisingly, I can't stop listening to this, and I'll even forgive the saxophones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONER TRACK: JILL - Axel F (alt)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Etiquetas: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

two thoughts:

1) i just posted a video cover w/ c.o.s. and w.m.w and then i came here and there must be something in the air...

2) i love that she replaces the typewriter with computer keys. yeah, kinda obvious but it's the small things.

3) ok, i lied i have three thoughts. this is whacky. i love it especially the horn which, yeah you already pointed out.

12/09/2008 7:37 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

OMGGGGGGGG

4) I JUST LISTENED TO AXEL F. HOW AMAZING IS THAT????????? it makes me want to run up walls in spandex.

12/09/2008 7:41 p. m.  
Blogger djbethell said...

Oh No! I don't like. Sorry, but somethings should be left right alone. It's like trying to repaint the Mona Lisa in acrylics. Urrrgh! :(

3/04/2009 1:22 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home