IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

martes, octubre 28, 2008

the pumpsta: don juan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had Tha Pumpsta on my radar ever since long ago when I wrote about the Black Peter Group. After first hearing him, we had a number of IRL encounters (which include maybe shaking hands while going to a few bars with a group of other people after an Old Gold show and standing near him while he smoked a joint at a venue which will remain nameless). Basically, we're like best friends now, you know?

Okay, I'm obviously lying since the first time I saw him live was two weeks ago at the OS Arthouse. He'll be performing again tomorrow night at The Annex (152 Orchard Street) with a similar line-up to the October 11th show--- Black Peter Group,
Living Days, Bunny Rabbit + Black Cracker, & Shunda K of Yo Majesty (w/ Jerzy). While I missed Black Peter Group at the last show, I did happen to take a shot with Gio and bond over a mutual enemy of ours. Regarding Living Days, one commenter on my post about them wrote, "I know i'm gushing but they really did restore something in me." I can't agree with that sentiment any more. I can't even begin to express my love for Bunny and Black Cracker, and I did the booty klap so hard last time I saw Shunda K that I was afraid my booty would fall off. What I'm trying to say is... you need to get your ass to this show.

Take a listen to "Don Juan" (produced by Leif) off of Tha Pumpsta's latest project Bass Black Treble White, courtesy of Fanatic Promotion.

EDIT: Benni E is also performing as part of Shunda K's set, so you really need to get your ass to this show.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Etiquetas: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Woah. I totally slept with Gio of the Black Peter Group like 5 years ago. I also just saw him in Otto; or Up With Dead People. So weird to see him mentioned all over the place now.

10/30/2008 11:28 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home