IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

jueves, agosto 14, 2008

french horn rebellion: up all night.

dl: FRENCH HORN REBELLION - Up All Night (Z - YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't really know where I stand on French Horn Rebellion yet. I'm usually a sucker for cute electro-pop jams, and "Up All Night" certainly fits that description. It's even got a cute little video that's borderline cute-obnoxious. Therein lies my problem with French Horn Rebellion. It's almost cute overload, and I'm not talking about no interspecies snorgling. As a rule, I only allow cute electro-pop jams to last no more than 4 minutes (with some exceptions). Clocking in at 4:14, "Up All Night" is a rulebreaker. But it's so damn catchy that it may just be one of those exceptions.

French Horn Rebellion is a duo composed of brothers Robert and David Perlick-Molinari. Robert is majoring in French horn, which I didn't even realize people could major in. David produces shit in New York, notably MGMT's Time To Pretend EP. They're going on tour and all my NYC-heads should mark their calendars for September 12th @ Lit Lounge. Speaking of New York, they also did a remix of Brooklyn duo This Is Ivy League's "London Bridges", which may or may not be better than the original. I'll let you decide since I didn't put on my decision-face this morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONER TRACK: THIS IS IVY LEAGUE - London Bridges (French Horn Rebellion remix) (Z - YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONER TRACK II: THIS IS IVY LEAGUE - London Bridges (Z - YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- BUY IT - SITE IT - SPACE IT - HYPE IT -

Etiquetas: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Perlickinator said...

I just checked French Horn Rebellion's myspace and they're playing on the 12th at Lit Lounge, not the 19th! I'm totally there, though!!:)

8/14/2008 3:34 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home