IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

viernes, febrero 22, 2008

the terrordactyls: long live the party cover.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon first hearing The Terrordactyls, I felt guilty that my first thought was, "Hello, Juno soundtrack!" My guilt was decreased by a recent promo e-mail I received, which included the heading, "If you loved Juno, you'll love The Terrordactyls." I then slapped myself in the face for my stupidity and failure to realize what was right in front of my nose. "Devices" features Kimya Dawson, and the majority of the songs on the Juno soundtrack are either Dawson's or based around her music. This would be why I got such a Juno/Moldy Peaches vibe.

While my sole problem with Juno was it's lack of shame for whoring it's soundtrack (a la Garden State), I must admit with no hint of irony that it's a superb soundtrack. Some found it annoying musically, some found it annoying because it made songs they love or previously loved "uncool". These individuals are entitled to these opinions (despite the latter being supremely lame and predictable), but I have a soft spot for it all. Shit is mad cute!

I suppose I had to get that off my chest for one simple reason-- My comparison of The Terrordactyls to the Juno soundtrack is in NO WAY an insult. In fact, I can't even fathom why I ever felt guilty for my initial thought/comparison. Their self-titled album is so impeccably heartwarming. Few of the songs are over three minutes in length, catering to my ADD nature. And there are kazoos!

If that isn't enough to convince you, how about a cover of Andrew WK? The Terrordactyls party so hard that the man himself has chimed in-- "I'm honored that you decided to cover my 'Long Live The Party' song and I enjoyed your version very much. I could've never imagined the arrangement you recorder, and I was delighted at the effect. Again, thank you...No matter what, let's all continue to make music and enjoy every moment of this process that is life. Never let down and long live the party." Is anyone else inspired? Who wants to funnel beers together and enjoy every moment of this process that is life?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONER TRACK: THE TERRORDACTYLS f/ KIMYA DAWSON - Devices (YSI)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
- BUY IT - SITE IT - SPACE IT - HYPE IT -

Etiquetas: , , , , , , ,