IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

jueves, mayo 03, 2007

bangladesh: m.i.a.'s "hit that".

BANGLADESH teamed up with M.I.A. for a new track, and this collaboration certainly "bangs the best".

I've been intrigued with Shondrae "Bangladesh" Crawford's production ever since "Bossy" by Kelis. Or so I thought. Little did I know that I've been banging Bangladesh beats since the beginning of this millennium, and you probably have been too. Bangladesh produced a large portion of the debut album by Ludacris, Back For The First Time, including the 2000 hit single "What's Your Fantasy?" On any given weekend you could probably catch college kids screaming these lyrics out loud as the sound of Bangladesh surrounds them, and I bet they don't even know how much of an impact Shondrae Crawford has had on their lives. He is undoubtedly one of the most underrated hip-hop producers out there and it's good to see him shining right now.

M.I.A.'s "Hit That" leads us forward in the Bangladesh movement. The track was recently leaked by Crawford himself, picked up by The Fader's blog, and then exploded all over the internet. Presumably this is his contribution to Ms. Arulpragasam's upcoming album Kala, but one can never tell at the rate that her tracks keep showing up on the internet. Either way, it makes me equally excited for the future sounds that M.I.A. and Bangladesh have for us-- together AND separately.

d/l: M.I.A.- Hit That (YSI)
d/l: SHANELL f/ TOO $HORT- Get It (YSI)
(two incredible Bangladesh productions)
- space it / site it - space it - hype it - wik it / space it -

BLOGWATCH: PRODUCT SHOP NYC
has a few reviews of Bjork's Volta, and Kwaya Na Kisser has a live set by her featuring some new songs from the album. Bigstereo has two Small Pink remixes, including Spank Rock and Architecture in Helsinki.

Etiquetas: , , , ,