IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

miércoles, abril 11, 2007

sleeping in the aviary: oh, this old thing?.

SLEEPING IN THE AVIARY have been described as "the Thermals vacationing with some Buzzcocked White Stripes, sharing hot tubs with The Kinks and saunas with Nirvana--often sounding frenzied or angry, but strangely good-natured about it". Uh...okay? If you say so.

I just like these kids because they make short pop songs. There's a lot to be said about a song that is under two minutes and engaging enough to get you dancing alone in your bedroom, but not so short that you're left feeling like you didn't quite get enough. There's also a lot to be said about the fact that Sleeping In The Aviary make songs that fit into this category. But before I talk about that, it should be noted that this band is probably the only one I know with a section of their website called "Horny Teens". Relax! They're totally just illustrations, and each character still has their clothes on. Everyone knows that teenagers don't actually have sex.

A few other blogs have been talking about "Another Girl", and I have to admit that I would have dismissed it as another carbon copy indie-punk shit song. But after a few listens, it grew on me in the same way that bad pop songs do. You know? It's that feeling where you hear a song on the radio and dismiss it as fluff, but after hearing it many more times you start to realize that it was never shit all along. I feel that way about "Another Girl". I meant that as a compliment. Really.

"Pop Song" is just downright good. I'm always sold on songs with tambourines and hand-claps.

d/l: SLEEPING IN THE AVIARY- Pop Song (YSI)
d/l: SLEEPING IN THE AVIARY- Another Girl (YSI)
(not shit indie-pop)
- buy it - site it - space it - hype it -

BLOGWATCH: Cause=Time brings us the Kissy Sell Out remix of Gwen Stefani's "Wind It Up", as well as that "Starlett Johansson" song I've been absolutely obsessed with. Kissatlanta has a Boys Noize remix of Feist's "My Moon, My Man".

Etiquetas: , , , , ,