IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

jueves, junio 08, 2006

boy crisis: let's get blogtastic.

Boy Crisis is old news in some communities at Wesleyan University, but as far as I know...they have yet to make their blogosphere debut. They claim that they sound like, "a computer having sex with a beautiful bird or something like that"...but I'd have to say that they sound more like a bunch of boys who make delightfully energetic, silly dance music that you can't take serious at all...literally. You really can't.

Maybe it's the ridiculous music video for the silly song "Let's Get Fantastic" or exciting, interactive music video for "The Feelings are Real" (which allows you to make a hot dog float in outer space) both created by Jordan Fish of Teen Homicide / Channel 1o2 fame?
Maybe it's all in the music? Maybe it's the baby monkey photo or album release date of 3006 listed on their page? Either way, there's a certain humor of Boy Crisis that I can't quite put my finger on.

Boy Crisis is certainly an acquired taste for some, an immediate favorite for others. Upon first listen to Boy Crisis, I decided that the music was far too repetitive and annoying. The following day, I found myself tapping my foot and singing the song in my head. It was as if they had some 24 hour subliminal hypnotism on their myspace page. It was the sort of hunger you have for a song when you can't get it out of your head until you hear it again. And I was stuck at work...with no speakers. The need for the song began consuming me. I knew it was wrong, but it felt so right. It felt so...real. I just want to...feel...real.

DOWNLOAD: BOY CRISIS- The Feelings Are Real

TRIVIA: Boy Crisis member Alex Kestner created the song for video-director Jordan Fish's pilot Teen Homicide. Boy Crisis member Victor Vazquez appeared later in the series as a man in a penguin suit carrying a knife. Boy Crisis member Tal Rozen never appeared in Teen Homicide, but he made some paintings once or twice.

Etiquetas: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Actually, Tal and Alex play the two cops at the very beginning of the pilot.

7/08/2006 9:18 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home