IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

sábado, mayo 19, 2007

bonde do role: quero te amar.

BONDE DO ROLE never wowed me. Their "twisted party vibe full of funk carioca, metal riffs, electro beats and bawdy Portuguese raps" didn't really blow me away. I can't say that I was impressed that they toured with Diplo and Cansei de Ser Sexy. I simply did not care about them.

Well, I didn't care until I heard "Quero te Amar", a song off of their new full-length album With Lasers. I have a thing for Afrika Bambaata and anything with a remotely old-skool electro feel to it...so it was easy to sell me on this one. After a few listens, I learned a very valuable lesson: I should have been wowed from the beginning.


I took a step back and listened to "Gasolina" and "Solta O Frango". It was all good. I took a listen to some tracks off the new album. It was also all good. I don't understand what I was missing before, but I'm glad I finally found it. I began dancing, and it felt good. I guess you sometimes just have to listen to Diplo when he says things are cool. Also, how can you resist that album cover? LASERS!

d/l: BONDE DO ROLE- Quero te Amar (YSI)
d/l: BONDE DO ROLE- Bondallica (unreleased version) (YSI)
d/l: BONDE DO ROLE vs. AFRIKA BAMBAATA- Danca de Ventuinha (siik mix) (YSI)
(crazy Brazilian shit)
- buy it - space it - hype it -

BLOGWATCH: Chazology brings us the best Yo Majesty "Kryptonite Pussy" remix ever by UMYO. Brugo has Panic! At the Disco covering Nelly Furtado's "Maneater", which is sure to be worth it for the laugh?

Etiquetas: , , , , , ,