IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

sábado, diciembre 30, 2006

port o'brien: lovely lady lumps.

PORT O'BRIEN is old news in blog-time, but I liked their tunes enough to show them some love here at The Moneyshot. I discovered their music when looking up the west coast tour dates for Belly Boat, which you can view here.

I credit them for temporarily breaking my compulsion to listen to nothing but hip-hop and electro-indie biznass. Now, I shall embrace the delicate folksy sounds of the acoustic guitar. I suppose the sound isn't the only thing I love. Confession: I'm a sucker for bands with a good amount of self-awareness and humor. It all starts with their bio-- "Writing bios is so completely ridiculous because you are forced to write in the third person." FACT. Paired with a not-so-guilty pleasure involving Star Wars and a cover of "My Humps" by The Black Eyed Peas, I have fallen in love with this band. DOUBLE FACT. I am a bit sad that I'm not on the west coast. Otherwise, I would have loved to see them with Belly Boat. I would have learned all the words to "My Eyes Won't Shut" just for the occasion. If the music in this post sways you, check out more tour dates at their blog...perhaps you can learn all the words instead so I can live vicariously through you.

DOWNLOAD: PORT O'BRIEN- My Eyes Won't Shut
DOWNLOAD: PORT O'BRIEN- Don't Take My Advice (demo)
DOWNLOAD: PORT O'BRIEN- My Humps

BONUS TRACK: PORT O'BRIEN- My Eyes Won't Shut (live)

BUY When the Rain Comes LP or Nowhere to Run EP

BLOGWATCH: Silence is a Rhythm Too highlights some of the forgotten female hip-hop artists of the '90s featuring Bahamadia, The Lady of Rage, and Nonchalant. They tell us we lost our tails has two new songs from Natalie Imbruglia's little sister Laura, including one called "My Dream of a Magical Washing Machine". Pop Tarts Suck Toasted has an outstanding and diverse collection of "best of 2006" songs including The Pipettes, T.I., Cat Power, Hot Chip, Joanna Newsom, Justin Timberlake, TV on the Radio, and more. le

Etiquetas: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

my humps!

12/30/2006 2:09 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home