IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

viernes, agosto 25, 2006

chicken noodle soup: where's the soda on the side?

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP is delicious, but it has nothing to do with what this post is really about.

I'm not talkin' bout no chicken broth. I'm talking about the dance craze originally from Harlem that I have been appropriating like nobody's business. I didn't write a post about it because I figured it was old news by now, but it shocked me when I came back to school and encountered people who had never heard of it. I would name-drop it, making jokes about perfecting my chicken noodle soup dance and people would stare at me blankly wondering what the fuck I was talking about. Then I would return their stare wondering why they haven't gotten with the fucking program.

"Chicken Noodle Soup" is the Chicken Dance of the new millenium, but way cooler, more underground, and surprisingly controversial. Are dance crazes such as this and "Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It" ruining the hip-hop community? Is the dance full of racial complications? These are the questions raised by a song that was essentially recorded in someone's bedroom.

However, the only real question for me is...how the hell do you do the damn dance? I originally thought I had it all figured out when I watched the official Cipha sounds video of DJ Webstar and Young B. Next, I am watching 106 & Park and I see a bunch of kids doing it in an entirely different way. THEN, I see the official video and I'm even MORE confused. I got the raining and clearing out, but how do I actually follow the directions to, if you will, "get it"? How do I partake in the consumption of my metaphorical chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side?

After much deliberation, I came to the conclusion that the dance is what you make of it. There's no right way to do it, but that doesn't mean that you still won't look like a fool if you got no rhythm. In other words, it's like the Macarena but not so easy that your grandmother can do it. With that said, I urge you all to download this song and shake violently. And if the haters laugh at how much of a fool you are, don't let the negativity get to you. Just clear it out.

DOWNLOAD: DJ WEBSTAR & YOUNG B- Chicken Noodle Soup

BLOGWATCH: Popbytes has a mash-up of Fergie "London Bridge (Oh Shit!)" with Cake's "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" which may appeal to the evil individuals who are perpetuating Fergie's music career. Beauty has got some new songs off the anticipated and heavily overhyped Beyonce and Justin Timberlake albums. Check up on 'em. The Sean Show brings us another track by Venus Hum that you might. like. Fluo kids has some tracks off of the new Kelis, which you should BUY immediately or download from the iTunes music store.

Etiquetas: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Dont' miss this investigative report:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9MenQM3bhs

8/25/2006 2:19 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home