IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

jueves, septiembre 04, 2008

japattack: anoraak & sgt sass remixes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to confess that I've been stalking West Philly's up-and-coming electro remixers JAPATTACK! through their blog ATTACKTHAT! They first came to my attention when I heard their remix of "Faggot Snappin" by my boys Sgt. Sass, and I've been keeping my eye on them since. Beyond my favorite fag-rappers, they've been keeping the blog world busy with their remixes of Thunderheist, Rye Rye, Spank Rock, South Rakkas Crew, Amanda Blank, Pase Rock, and a very popular mix of MGMT, Pitbull, and Justice.

It recently came to my attention that they had been vying for a spot on the new ANORAAK EP and would be submitting a remix of "Nightdrive With You". The duo seemed a little uncertain about remixing a song with singing (up to this point they've only dealt with rapping) and are having a laugh "over remixing a love song", but it turns out that they've made one of their best remixes yet. I know this as trite as far as blogger-talk goes, but it really keeps the spirit of the original while bringing something entirely new to the table. I'd even go as far as saying that I enjoy this a little bit more than the Adeyhawke or Fear of Tigers remixes. You know I wouldn't lie about these things. I have such a music-boner for ANORAAK, so this is serious business.

Of note, this past Monday JAPATTACK! dropped Attack That Sass, a collection of Sgt. Sass remixes which includes the "Faggot Snappin" mix and more. They're also starting to record
some tracks with original vocals, so it ain't just about the remixes! Keep tabs on these boys by adding their blog to your RSS feed. These boys have a lot of potential, and they're seemingly getting better with each day that passes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Etiquetas: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Subservient Experiment said...

I agree. JAPATTACK! is total greatness.

=w=
healthryder.blogspot.com

9/04/2008 3:03 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home