IT'S THE MONEY SHOT!!

working towards an intellectual understanding of booty chatter.

lunes, junio 05, 2006

oh no! oh my! b-sides.

OH NO! OH MY! was featured on the first mixtape this blog had to offer, and if you were a reader of Totesumbrellas...you may have heard their name more than once since last November when I read about them on Gorilla vs. Bear. If you keep up with the rest of the blogosphere, you've probably heard their name a million times. And if you read the Pitchfork review...Let me tell you that these boys deserve a lot more than a 7.4. Their self-released, self-titled album is absolutely fabulous--- full of catchy "la-la, doo-doo, ba-da-ba" choruses and songs to clap your hands to. If you don't have it by now, buy it immediately.

And have you heard the b-sides? They're certainly a lot sillier than the light-hearted folk-pop songs on their album. Might I direct you to the comments section where you will learn that the drummer Joel wrote the majority of these songs. You can check out more of his music here.
  • DOWNLOAD: OH NO! OH MY!- I Guess I'm Floating (in KY): Okay, I can't say I'm not jealous of Nathaniel at I Guess I'm Floating! Not only has the man been getting sent every single Oh No! Oh My! b-side in the blogosphere (or in this post for that matter)...BUT he also got a song written about him! And it's a DAMN good song too! Head over here to read the lyrics. It may only be 1:24 minutes, but I am still jealous. I guess they can't write a song about every blogger who interviewed them...OR CAN THEY!?!
  • DOWNLOAD: OH NO! OH MY!- BBQ: While you're grilling those (veggie) burgers, you might catch yourself singing this song.

  • DOWNLOAD: OH NO! OH MY!- I Am Not a Monster: This is a simple, dancey track with pretty ridiculous lyrics which randomly involve a child molester. This is a good track for those who can't get enough of the high energy of "I Love You All The Time".

  • DOWNLOAD: OH NO! OH MY!- Long Island: This song is about the TV show Lost, which I unfortunately know nothing about. The lyrics are hilarious, and I bet they'd be even funnier if I knew what he was talking about.
BUY album at Insound

VISIT I Guess I'm Floating

Etiquetas: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Daniel from ON!OM! said...

Actually, there's more much much older songs available at another blog, ohno.blogspot.com, i think.

Those last 3 songs, BBQ, I Am Not A Monster, are ALL written by Joek, including the I Guess I'm Floating Song, which Greg sang to, and made up the melody for the Chorus part.

Joel likes to call himself Bear Parade. More of his songs can be found at myspace.com/bearparade

6/05/2006 3:18 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

Links to this post:

Crear un vínculo

<< Home